Pages

Friday 10 May 2019

Manufacture Of A Metal Drill Gauge

This is my Drill Gauge & this is a commercial 1

                                                                                

  
Ruler



A ruler sometimes called a rule or line gauge, is a device used in geometry and technical drawing, as well as the engineering and construction industries, to measure or draw straight lines. I use the rule to measure the height of my Drill Gauge.

Scriber and engineering Square




An engineer's square is a tool used in metalworking and woodworking. It is. very similar to a try square in appearance and use, and is mainly used to check a work-piece is 'square', (that is, two sides are at 90 degrees to one another)scriber is a hand tool used in metalworking to mark lines on work-pieces, prior to machining. I use the engineering square to line my work and then use the scriber to mark the lines.

Hacksaw

A hacksaw is a fine-toothed saw, originally and mainly made for cutting metal. Most hacksaws are hand saws with a C-shaped frame that holds a blade under tension.
                             Emery Cloth
                                    

Emery cloth is a type of coated abrasive that has emery glued to a cloth backing. It is used for hand metalworking. I use emery cloth to sand my work                                     

                                Vice

                                  


a holding device attached to a workbench; has two jaws to hold the workpiece firmly in place. vise. holding device - a device for holding something. jaw - holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object. I use the vice to hold my drill gauge while I sand my work.



                                  File
                                 

                              

Any type of hand file or the flat file can be used to put a bevel on the edge of a piece of metal. They can also be used to round corners and create convex surfaces. I take the emery cloth and wrap it around the file for a better grip and then file my work.
                       Vernier Caliper 

                           


The Vernier Caliper is a precision instrument that can be used to measure internal and external distances extremely accurately. I used the vernier to measure how long my work was
     Ball Peen Hammer  & Center Punch

A ball-peen hammer, also known as a machinist's hammer, is a type of peen-ing hammer used in metalworkingA tool consisting of a metal rod with a conical point for making an indentation, to allow a drill to make a hole at the same spot without slipping. I use the ball peen hammer and hammer down the center punch to mark the interior of my work.

Micrometer Screw Gauge





A micrometer, sometimes known as a micrometer screw gauge, is a device incorporating a calibrated screw widely used for accurate measurement of components in mechanical engineering and machining as well as most mechanical trades. I used the micrometer to measure the drill bits accurately.


                      Drill Press 

                             


Drill press also called Drilling Machine, a device for producing holes in hard substances. The drill is held in a rotating spindle and is fed into the work-piece, which is usually clamped in a vice resting on a table. I use the drill press to drill the holes in my work.

                  Number Punch

                             


            

Number punch sets include full 10 digits 0-9, to ensure even wear across the set, rather than repeating the use of 6 and 9.I use the Number punch to number my drilled holes.







7 comments:

  1. Good job Manasa. I like how you explained how you used the tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you added images for each tool. A thing you could change next time is to make your work centered. the arrangement of the holes looks kind of like a snake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.