Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Observing the Effects of Anaerobic Respiration

Aim : To demonstrate the effects of anaerobic respiration (muscle fatigue ).

Equipment : A spring-loaded clothes peg.

Method


  1. Hold the clothes peg as shown in the diagram below.
  2. Relax your fingers so that the peg closes all the way.
  3. Squeeze your thumb and forefinger so the peg is full open.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as quickly as you can until you experience muscle fatigue.
Results : My fingers squeezed the clothes peg really quick but as time passed it slowed down until it was really slow and then stopped.

Conclusion:The clothes peg opened and closed.

Evaluation:I won´t do anything different. 


1 comment:

  1. Good work Manasa- it was good to see the headings for a scientific method used (aim, method, results, conclusion, evaluation).
    Next time there should be a hypothesis after your method, what do you think is going to happen in the experiment. This would mean that you would be able to write about your hypothesis in your conclusion- as a conclusion should say if your hypothesis was right or wrong based on your results. You should then have a discussion on why you think your results happened- eg. My fingers slowed down because I had used up the energy in the muscles and I could only anaerobically respire to make more energy.

    Grade- 4/10 as missing the hypothesis!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.