Pages

Thursday 13 February 2020

Similes and Metaphors in Songs.



Juice Wrld - Lucid Dreams

Metaphor



I still see your shadows in my room
                                                    Can't take back the love that I gave you
                                                    It's to the point where I love and I hate you
                                                 And I cannot change you, so I must replace you, oh
                                                Easier said than done, I thought you were the one
                                                Listenin' to my heart instead of my head

Meaning

I still see your shadows in my room.
Wherever he looks reminds him of his ex.








Migos - Stir Fry


Simile

Dance with my dogs in the nighttime (yeah, woo, woo, woo, roof)
In the kitchen, wrist twistin’ like a stir fry (whip it)

Meaning


“Wrist twisting like a stir fry” is comparing the dance move to cooking in the kitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.